Sunday, September 30, 2007

Screened Tees and Eating Babies


I really like this. It's a design for a child's screen print tee. I'm not entirely sure why. It makes me laugh, and it has a certain sadness to it at the same time. The monster is all alone and its snowing, not to mention he's wanted!
Screen tee's have become really popular. In most cases they make people walking billboards.
My old manager in chicago runs a website for offensive t-shirts that he finds so hilarious. I still can't get myself to laugh or understand this one...

One of his other favorites is...

Regardless of what message is displayed, screen tees give a lot of exposure to whatever it sports.
What would you do if you saw someone in a t-shirt that said "I eat babies"?
I saw a man at O'hare airport once, and his tshirt had a superman symbol that had been made to resemble a wheelchair handicapped symbol. My friend I was with got really offended by it.
This kind of extreme slightly twisted humor should probably be avoided in campaigns... never a good idea to offend your audience. But the people wearing the t's are just trying to spread their opinion and/or humor. And what the heck, we have that whole freedom of speech bit right?

No comments: