Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Well it's SPROUT time


Incase you were wondering, I do indeed work at Jimmy John's. It can be an enlightening place, really. It can also be the biggest pain in my ass ever... but either way I do enjoy tasty sandwiches todos los dias.
So, running the line the other day (whipping out freaky fast subs) we ran out of alfalfa sprouts. Naturally, I restocked the cold table.
Sprouts come in a plastic box and compressed into a little block. I noted how they were indeed "bricks of sprouts." I wondered, wouldn't it be cool to make an igloo of sprouts? How odd would that be... wonderfully odd. I posed the question to my coworker (Gustavo), and he didn't understand my vision, sadly.
This image has stuck with me since, and I keep playing around with where it can go further. I see an animation of sprouts, building things then turing into another (somewhat of the flow of the Target ads). An igloo of sprouts into a hill that sprouts flowers and further sprouts a slogan... about sprouting something. Perhaps sprout over kill, but we'll let the idea simmer for a bit.

On a side note, I always also get a personal kick out of costumers that request not to have brussel sprouts on their subs... DUH, how gross would that be?

hmm, I like this idea of sprout. Perhaps It will be my mind map center.

No comments: