Monday, October 1, 2007

just bought a cadillac


When I walk home past the soccer intramural field, I always pass a row of rather upscale cars parked in-front/near the fraternity houses. The other day there was both a Cadillac Escalade and another fancy 4 door Cadillac. I couldn't help but to think about how when I was younger, a joke was always made about how old people (little old ladies) drive around in their big o' cadillac. Now, Cadillac is an image of a more youthful high class. People 20-50 years old are eager to drive a Cadillac. Rappers are even proud to sport and flaunt this vehicle... even rap about them "just bought a cadillac." They have really been able to reinvent their market. I think by doing so they have increased their sales potential immensely. Their iconic nature has total been reformed. I'm very impressed they've been able to do this.

No comments: