Monday, September 24, 2007

Sisters from the same mister! (and misses too)

My sister is a very important person in my life. She is only 3 years my elder and we have gone through the same path growing up. On that path, we have each tripped at different places and the sunshine came through the tree tops at completely different points, but we made the journey one after the other. We grew up sharing a room and during those early years we rarely got along. Then her senior year in high school, I joined her at Culver (our boarding prep school) and we finally clicked. Its interesting for me to see where we have lead ourselves. She just graduated from Columbia College majoring in photography. Here is some of my favorite work of hers.







She graduated this summer then picked up an internship at Ogilvy.. She has since been hired as a Junior Engineer Flash Developer. Her description of her work place sounds fantastic. It has the modern attributes of a more conducive work environment that we've talked about in my Ad class (not to mention a never ending supply of Ben & Jerry's in their cafeteria). Her boyfriend works for a small company right now, but is applying at Leo Burnett Chicago (how cool huh?).

I recently realized how my sister, my mother, and I have all ended up pursuing a career in the same field. My mother's first profession was working with an Ad Agency for many years, where she met my father. My sister now works on web ad banners for Dove and the likes. Her *potential* husband is also in the works of working at a highly regarded firm. And now I am pursing a degree in creative advertising through Method. Maybe one day I'll be working alongside my sister... even shooting her the creative ideas.

heres the whole damn fam. myself, my brother, father, mother, sister's bf, and my sister!
brother, sister, me

Originally I planned focusing on business as my degree. But I have seen learned that I would not be able to personally fulfilled without a creative outlet (as I have posted about before). So here we go!

No comments: