Friday, September 14, 2007

Hold on spot


I found this tv spot the other day. Its new for a Cadbury's campaign. The first time I watched it, the first minute I thought... now is the pay off really going to be worth this wait? And indeed it was. But I'm not sure I would wait it out if I was browsing through television.

The slogan of "a glass and a half full of joy" is the only correlation to the product. I personally don't know the Cadbury's brand well enough to make such a lose connection for the whole 1 min 30 sec commercial. If it was more established as a staple for chocolate buyers I would have felt more comfortable taking this creative risk. None the less, I'm glad the advertisers made this spot and took that risk... its a very entertaining commercial. I don't know that I would be more prone to purchasing Cadbury's now, but I might recognize it more.

No comments: