Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Dot Draw

When I was around the age of a kindergardener, my favorite pass time is what I liked to call dot-drawing. I would take a piece of paper, close my eyes, and stab dots wherever my pencil would land. Then I would connect the dots (eyes open of course) and form from that shape whatever I could. I remember one in particular was a large man reaching up and over to scratch the upper part of his back. It think thats pretty clever. I don't think today I would come up with that concept, and run with it none the less. Of course there were also birds and witches and all the sort. But it was so neat to develop a random blob shape and see what could emerge from it.
This reminds me of the amount of unsuppressed creativity children have as we talked about in class.

No comments: