Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Intertextual Title

I hope that some find my blog title to be intertextual. I named it after the movie Batteries Not Included. Did your cranium make that vertical intertextual process?




Of course the general phrase of, "batteries not included" applies as well. I just felt the urge to clarify that I'm not being left out, so don't feel sorry for me! The idea is that although this blog is an idea blog where my thoughts go SPLAT on the web-page like a bug to a windshield on the highway, I myself do not come with the insights described. I ended up sloganizing my own blog title.

I remember watching Batteries Not Included when I was very young. Only scenes come to mind now. But I very vividly remember a man trying desperately to tile a floor, and something/someone always messed up his work. I think of this scenario whenever I've almost finished with a project and something trips me up.

No comments: