Monday, September 17, 2007

Let me Borrow that Top



If you have not yet exposed yourself to the wonderful videos of Kelly, you are definitely missing out. Kelly has forever changed my pronunciation of "bitch". 'Her' videos might not be everyone's cup of tea, but they sure tickle my fancy... catchy too. Text Message Break Up, Shoes, and Let me Borrow that top have taken young adults by storm. The other day I actually saw a guy wearing a t-shirt with Kelly's face on it. Even better, he was a 17ish year old boy wearing skinny skinny jeans and a hairstyle even more styled and layered than my own. However, I find that Kelly's muffins is a bit under par to her other contributions.

In terms of YouTube stars, Kelly is definitely not a one hit wonder. The videos actually play off of current topics that seem a bit absurd in our culture. I'm really sad to say I've actually experienced a text message break up. :( So much of our communication nowadays is through small technological channels. I absolutely detest people who try to have conversations through text messages. If it requires more than 2 replies, that transaction should be made over the phone or even email!!! I feel there there needs to be a TRUTH campaign about the proper use of phones. With so many cell phone carriers making unlimited texting easily available and affordable, the poor communication is only going to grow. What are we too expect with communication practices in the future?

But don't let it get you down. Just watch some more Kelly!

No comments: