Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Time is not your friend, or mine

I cannot find this commercial on the internet because it was a small spot ran just for a specific Chicago area... but man oh man did I hate it. It had the premise of Psycho... a woman showering and someone coming into the bathroom with creepy noises. Except, it was a grandfather clock they would shoot coming closer and closer to the bathroom and then finally once in the bathroom, it flushed the toilet. The woman screamed and words flashed "Time Is Not Your Friend". I don't even recall what the ad was for (not good), but it was for some sort of sale that they were marketing you were running out of time to get to. I'm not sure what I disliked about it so much. It wasn't until the second run that I could understand the clock flushed the toilet, causing hot water to skald you in the shower, therefore it is not your friend. I mean, the idea itself isn't fantastic, but it could have been developed much better than it was. When ever I think of the commercial I can't help but to slightly cringe.

No comments: