Monday, October 22, 2007

thought of the day & Cheese

muffin and cupcake tin are the same thing. i suggest we call them muffin cakes. - thought of the day

But on a different note, I was recently introduced to the fact that there is a new drug spreading quite rapidly through middle school and high school aged kids called Cheese. It apparently is a mix of heroin and over the counter drugs like Tylenol, ground up to be snorted. There have been handfuls of youth overdosing on this and dieing. It seems to be mostly concentrated in the Dallas area for now, but I've been reading that the police are concerned it will spread throughout the nation quickly if it is not controlled right away here. The most startling thing I read was that police found usage in kids as young as 10 years old. TEN YEARS OLD AND DOING HEROIN! I feel like they don't have any idea what heroin is at 10 years old. Not to an educated extent to be aware of how serious and dangerous it is. 10 years old, that puts them in about 4th grade. I still thought boys had cooties then. I am just vastly disturbed. I imagine they have noo idea what they are doing to themselves and the danger they are putting themselves in. How does this happen? And now that it has, how can it be stopped? I'm afraid it is going to be near impossible.

No comments: