Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A few more Photos






Here are a few more photos I've taken. Last year instead of going home for Thanksgiving, I went to my Grandfather's Best Friend's Brother's Ranch in East Texas. It was truly a new experience. The farm was expansive and was home to a few race horses. I spent a lot of time on my own wandering the property, just exploring. That's one thing I rarely get to do... just set out for a few hours and see what happens, as well as have time alone to just take things in and think. It was an even better experience since my surroundings were so lovely.

A new horse was let into a pasture with 3 horses that had already been there. Immediately they began to run. But they weren't running away, they were running to each show their power and find who was to be the new dominator. They continued to run past each other for a bit, and then finally ran together in a line. I suppose that's a bit like what may happen when we meet someone new. At first you need to appear as strong and impressive as possible until you run together. Anyway, enjoy the photos.

No comments: