Monday, December 3, 2007

What's the drive?

I'll try as much as I can to avoid the dear diary aspects of this entry, and focus on the psychological aspects instead. But I'm trying to work through and find the reasoning, or motivation or logic behind my pursuit of dating the same person after 4 attempts and failures. It seems we simply do not have the ability to effectively communicate. But after taking a step back, I'm seeing that it hardly about the person anymore, and now just about the game. It has become a challenge. And, the biggest part is that it is a challenge that all odds point to my success. Yet, time and time again there is little progress, and eventually only failure. It turns out that after nearly a year, we still know very little about each other. At this point I am trying to answer why, why come back to square one again? Unfortunately I believe my drive for ultimate success has overhauled my actual attraction to this relationship. Now it's like an experiment. I hypothesize why the last test did not work, and change the approach and test again. It is mostly the problem solving. At this point, I just simply need to find out why can we not put together this puzzle to solve the problem? Ultimately, I see a 5th attempt in the future, because still, questions must be answered!

No comments: