Friday, April 9, 2010

Shameless




This latest video by Lady Gaga has shameless product placement. I just can not believe it. It is played like a parody of product placement, but since they are real companies, its just over the top. But I suppose that is the Gaga style.

From the Diet Coke cans as hair rollers, Virgin mobile, Plenty of fish online dating website, Polaroid, Wonder Bread, Miracle Whip, Chanel, and her own headphones, anything and everything that could buy a spot on the screen seemed to do so.

In the end it got everyone talking, and here I am again giving the brands more exposure. So, it wasn't a terrible business decision. But I would still prefer for keep artistic content less of a commercial.

I know that I will be finding my own ways to place brands wherever we can, but I will aim to do it cleaner that this video.

No comments: