Tuesday, April 7, 2009

8tracks

For some reason I've never been one to actively download music or buy cds. I've reserved this for when I need a playlist for parties or things like that. Otherwise I just stick to the radio, and if I really feel like hearing a specific song I youtube it, and if I want to stick to a specific artist I simply go to their myspace and stream the albums they have uploaded.
Another creative suggested this website to me, 8tracks.com. I think it is really neat. People create playlists and anyone can listen to them. I mostly use this for when I am in the mood to hear a genre of music I am not very familiar with, such as jazz. So I just select a jazz compilation and see how it goes, plus all the artist and track information is there encase I find something I really like and want to keep track. I'm still exploring, but so far this is my study aid.

No comments: